< Tous les avis Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster
Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster
MGR/Nikko MGR/Nikko

« Squier Tom Delonge Stratocaster »

Published on 08/10/04 at 15:00
I bought this unit because I am a major blink 182 fan and I love the thought of getting guitars for a great price. From what I read the Tom Delonge strat was just like the Fender but cheaper. In other words the only difference was money. it was about $216 with tax and everything at Guitar Center.

What I like about this unit is the simplicity. Only one knob and that is for volume. It is really great if you're looking into a real punk kind of guitar or a a really messy guitar in terms of sound. The Duncan Designed Invaders are really good as well because in my taste they are very messy and go well with distortion.

There are a few that I don't like about this guitar, even if I'm a blink fan. I play other music besides punk like alternative or even blues to plain out clean solos in which this guitar doesn't really meet the requirements. Once out of the punk/distortion level or in other words, "Clean" sound, this guitar is not meant for that. It might have been if there wer tonal knobs added on but that's not likely. Another thing that I don't like is that it is not out anymore. The day I bought this Tom Delonge announced that he had a Gibson...and well in my shoes Gibson is definitely out of your range.

Volume Knob falls off fast...very...plus the plastic gets annoying...take it off. The finish is sensitive too. I have a black one and I see the finish just tear off like mad.

This guitar I would give a four as you can see because I play mostly distorted songs...and rarely have clean channels. Other than that if you play blink or green day, this is your axe.