LTD MV-200
LTD MV-200

STC-Shaped Guitar from LTD belonging to the Standard series.

Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Interesting guitar »

Publié le 05/30/11 à 16:49
The LTD MV-200 is part of the neat MV line that's a slightly modified M series guitar. The MV-200 features a mahogany body with a flamed ample top, a bolt on maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and 24 extra jumbo frets, binding and offset dot inlays, a hard tail bridge, two humbuckers, one volume, one tone and a three way switch. The most interesting feature is the 24.75'' scale.

For being one of the lower model LTDs, the guitar actually surprised me. The neck joint wasn't as sloppy as I usually see. Maybe the guitar was built on a day when the luthiers got a pay raise or something. The fretwork was also better than most of the other LTD models I've seen. The edges were decently filed, but they were far from perfect. There was still a fret level issue, but that's what happens with a lot of these lower guitars. The 24.75'' scale gives this an interesting feel as it's a bit different from other superstrats out there. The higher frets can get a touch cramped, but I find it feels more natural to me for whatever reason.

The Duncan Designed pickups suck. They sound very dull and muddy. However, once you replace the, the guitar didn't sound too bad, and I attribute that to its decent tone wood selection. This guitar actually has my favorite selection of tone woods, so I'm a bit biased in that aspect. The 24.75'' scale also gives it this cool sounding thickness that you don't get from the longer scale guitars. If you get one, be sure to get a resonant one as I bet there are still some dogs out there since this is a lower line of guitars.

For being a lower model LTD, it's actually not too bad of a guitar. I'm not sure if the one I played was any different from the other models out there, but it was definitely surprising when comparing it to the other LTDs in the same field and price range. The frets, however, were still a bit sloppy, and the pickups in this suck. If you get one, be sure to replace the pickups and get a nice fret level to really set it off.