Steinberg / Lion Compatibility
Steinberg announced last week that most Steinberg products are compatible with Apple’s latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, althoughf urther development is required to ensure overall compatibility through the entire product range.
Steinberg will release patches and driver updates for current products with remaining issues.
The following provides information on the current status of product compatibility:
- The current Cubase line of products supports Lion with the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 maintenance updates. The LE and AI versions of Cubase have been tested and certified for Lion, with no further updates required. Due to changes in Lion, Cubase running in 64-bit mode cannot properly handle 32-bit VST plug-ins. This issue, however, is currently being addressed and should be resolved shortly, according to Steinberg.
- The current WaveLab line of products including the LE version supports Lion with the 7.1 maintenance update.
- By releasing Nuendo 5.5, Nuendo is fully compatible with Lion. Also compatible is the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Sequel 2 is certified to be fully Lion compatible, with no further updates required.
- The latest VST instruments support Lion, i.e., HALion 4, HALion Sonic and The Grand 3. Groove Agent 3 and HALion Symphonic Orchestra have not been certified as compatible with Lion.
- The RND Portico plug-ins are certified to be fully Lion compatible.
- Content sets and Steinberg’s license tool, eLicenser Control Center, are Lion compatible.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Steinberg Nuendo 5.5 Steinberg released its maintenance update version 5.5 for Nuendo, with workflow features highlighted in Steinberg’s Cubase 6 advanced music production system.
- Steinberg Cubase 6.0.3 Steinberg has released the 6.0.3 maintenance update to its music recording and production systems Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6 and Cubase Elements 6.
- Steinberg LoopMash Free & v1.1 Steinberg today released the 1.1 update to its LoopMash app as well as presenting a free version of LoopMash for iPhone and iPod touch users with iOS4.