Steinberg announced last week that most Steinberg products are compatible with Apple’s latest operating system, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, althoughf urther development is required to ensure overall compatibility through the entire product range.
Steinberg will release patches and driver updates for current products with remaining issues.
The following provides information on the current status of product compatibility:
- The current Cubase line of products supports Lion with the 6.0.2 and 6.0.3 maintenance updates. The LE and AI versions of Cubase have been tested and certified for Lion, with no further updates required. Due to changes in Lion, Cubase running in 64-bit mode cannot properly handle 32-bit VST plug-ins. This issue, however, is currently being addressed and should be resolved shortly, according to Steinberg.
- The current WaveLab line of products including the LE version supports Lion with the 7.1 maintenance update.
- By releasing Nuendo 5.5, Nuendo is fully compatible with Lion. Also compatible is the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Sequel 2 is certified to be fully Lion compatible, with no further updates required.
- The latest VST instruments support Lion, i.e., HALion 4, HALion Sonic and The Grand 3. Groove Agent 3 and HALion Symphonic Orchestra have not been certified as compatible with Lion.
- The RND Portico plug-ins are certified to be fully Lion compatible.
- Content sets and Steinberg’s license tool, eLicenser Control Center, are Lion compatible.
Viewers of this article also read...
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Steinberg updates Cubase Pro 8 & Nuendo 7 Steinberg has released maintenance update versions 8.0.40 for Cubase Pro 8 and 7.0.40 for Nuendo 7.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Special Musikmesse offer at Steinberg For the Musikmesse, Steinberg offers 50% off HALion 5, HALionSonic 2 and GrooveAgent 4.