< Tous les avis Access Music Virus TI2 Desktop
Mystery Islands Music Mystery Islands Music

« User interface has taken a leap forward! »

Published on 10/20/15 at 11:06
Audience: Anyone
I bought my TI2 as a new unit from US. I can't remember how much it cost, but it has been worth every penny ever since. I'm already a proud owner of Virus Powercore and Virus C, so TI2 was a warm welcome to my studio.
First thing I noticed was that the user interface has had a great facelift with new leds and new thinking of knobs on the front panel. This is more than welcome comparing to the old user interface of TI1 for example. There is much more space between the knobs and the panel itself if a bit "taller" and looks modern with its wooden decorations.
I'm making electronic dance music and I'm doing sound design on advanced level, so I was able put the TI on it's limits. Although they promise you a lot more voices, it does not always stand for it. This is due to simple fact that by adding more effects to a patch, you will loose polyphony.
Sound engine is probably the most talked thread about TI of course after the USB connection and I have a word here I would like to say: The sound engine is not the same comparing to Virus C, but I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Old engines like Virus C intend to have quite muddy sound, although there is punch / depth presence in a way that the new engine is left cold.
I'm not the guy that connects stuff with USB's and wifis to my DAW, instead I'm using a 96 channel old desk to connect my synths & emagic amt-8's that send / receive MIDI. I'm happy to use my TI without the official Total Integration software since for me, it caused loss of sync and much more due to the complexity of my setup.

Pros: :bravo:
+ I like the new looks of it
+ Sound engine allows much bigger sounds
+ Delay and Reverb at the same time? YES!
+ Effects are new and constantly new ones appear
+ Product support is good as it has always been

Cons: icon_facepalm.gif
- Audio engine sounds thin and digital
- Rackmount kit still not included

Images linked to this review

• photo