Waldorf Micro Q Omega
Waldorf Micro Q Omega
sk1t sk1t
Publié le 07/12/06 à 08:38
Many of the key features particles have been already listed.
Note the 3 independent stereo outputs, a rare synth at this price.
3 banks of 99 sounds, 20 drumkits a bank, a bank of 99 multis
Never used the PC utility, but it is available on the website Waldorf

The config is rather simple, even if it requires a lot of manipulations to navigate from one setting to another (the machine has four arrows and 4 pottards for editing).
Editing sounds is very good, complete, but the editing of effects is a nightmare for me, because of the independent effects of routing routing the patch.
The manual is clear but has some shortcomings, swift addressed by manipulating the beast.
Even if we get to the menu navigation, the organization of these menus is very logical.

The sound!
CSOs are well thought out (3, 2 of which can be used in wavetable, 2 subs).
The modulation possibilities are complete (see other reviews), including FM, PWM, plus a modulation matrix that can independently modulate 16 parameters ...

The filters are good, we have 2 filters per instrument (LP, HP, BP, Notch and Comb), plus ADSR ...

I have difficulty with the effects, I use the machine in multiplayer mode, and the routing of FX is a bit unusual, in fact (ie we can assign only the first 8 individual FX instruments a multi, the FX1 is independent of the route on which it applies ...) I finally understood not yet to use the effects in an optimal way.

I use it for various prods, whether for good bass on the electrodub, the lead, tablecloths completions through modulation crazy ... on the other hand I have a little hard to get out on sounds more "light" genres bells, pianos, etc ...

I use it for three months, and I love the sound, ease of access to editing parameters once the matrix grip ...
I bought this synth without trying, simply on the reputation waldorf, in addition to a Kstation I found too "clean" and it was the right choice.

I bought € 410 in Germany, nine, and Waldorf is "reborn" (it's not very pretty in French), which reconvened last ...
I do it again this choice with his eyes closed, I grew a lot thanks to this synthesis in micro Q.