Marshall JTM612 [1995-1997]
Marshall JTM612 [1995-1997]

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Marshall belonging to the JTM60 series.

iamqman iamqman

« Great British Amp! »

Publié le 06/15/11 à 15:52
Back in the day when Marshall made amps that sounded good and took the time needed to build high quality amps not just fast quantity amps they build this little combo. This amp is a big surprise to me because I generally don't like the combos that Marshall has come out with. The sounds very sterile and boxy to my eras. However this amp sounds just as good if not better than many boutique amps out there today.

The 612 features a one 12 inch speaker in a combo format rated at 60 watts. Same great features as the other models but will be a little looser in the low end than the 10 inch speaker version.

It boggles the mind why they decide to stop making amps like this and think that the MG series is much more worth the time and effect. Well the real reason is they make more money off the trash amps that fit to more people's budgets rather than sticking with quality amps and keeping their integrity.

JTM 60 612 Valve Combos Features

Series Effects Loop
Effects Mix Control
Speaker Outputs
Foot Pedal
Pre-amp Valves (Tubes) 4 x ECC83 (12AX7A)
Power Amp Valves 1 x ECC83, 2 x EL34

I love the way this amp sounds with a nice Gibson Les Paul or Gibson SG guitars. It fits the rock tone and compliments my playing very well. This amp sounds amazing with a solid classic rock tone that can get anything from the 60's and 70's rock tones.

The tone is warm and rich full of great harmonics. I like the tone especially playing songs from AC?DC or Led Zeppelin. This amp nails those tones without any problem what so ever.

Marshall has seriously got down he tubes in recent years...no pun intended. Their amps has a bland cold tone that sound harsh and flat whether its in your bedroom playing or even on stage. I have played most Marshall amps that are currently in production and only a few amps sound anything like the old ones.

These are not new amps so you'd have to find them on the used market. I have no idea what the going rate for one of these amps are used, but I highly recommend picking one up.