alainkarasek 10/05/2013

Peavey ValveKing Royal 8 : alainkarasek's user review

" Super choice for 5W lamps"

5 watt tube amp with gain controls and volume, so the output level is adjustable which convenient apartment.
Use single ultra gain + volume + tone.
2 inputs with different sensitivities (but balanced if they are connected simultaneously.
1 headphone handy when needed.
No HP bafle taken to an outside (but it is easily corrected).

Simple configuration, amber and unnecessary manual, very good clear sound with HP 8 inches though. Its possible crunch but poop with Original HP.

I bought this combo for its lamps, its musicality, its ease of use and I have not been disappointed.
I play at home only with Stratocasters, clear sound and overdrive.
Blues, blues, rock and blues too.

There are a few months, I modified by removing the original HP 8 inches.
I cut the combo 2 and kept the upper part that I converted into amp head, and made a separate bafle in which I installed a Celestion 12 inch HP, and then there is the amazing metamorphosis.
All dressed in white leatherette, the HP is hidden behind a fabric foot black and white cocq. What class!

I was tempted by a Blues Junior or Excelsior, but they are more expensive for a very similar result.
Ideally I would have liked a more reverb and a bit more saturation, but with pedals, you get what you want easily and simply.
The initial investment was low, easy modification, pleasant and inexpensive, the result worth.
PS: if you are tempted by the adventure, contact me and I'll explain.