Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head
R Alpha Class R Alpha Class

«  Good amp, especially for the metal »

Published on 08/17/12 at 10:17
Tube amp 50 w.
Refer to the data sheet.
Possibility of effects loop (I do not use), midi foot change channels + boost.
No reverb or tremolo, it's gross.
Perspective construction / finish is serious.

Settings require time to pass the baffle to find what you seek. At the same time, it's Mesa, it's still very rock, but with the choice of modes (Clean or Pushed poiur the clear, Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain on saturated), there's still enough do a nice range of sounds.
Who said head also said pregnant. I tested on the Marshall (blah blah), on the Hartke System (special, speakers aluminum). The best is still on Mesa Boogie stacks, there's no picture ... even if it hurts the wallet.
A reverb would still have been nice for the price ...

I play with a set of 4 amps (Mesa Rectifier, Orange 30, Vox AC30 and Fender Bassman).
The Mesa, I took it for what it does best: Send big bass in his saturated. And on that side, it answers, there's no problem.
I also wanted to have a sound boost. And then it also responds.

Then, the Mesa has a sound that I find rather cool, even if the bass is present. But precise. Roughly speaking, it is rather the balance in alternative styles qu'indé to stay in rock mode. In metalheads styles, from the time he has nothing to prove. It accoquine well with Orange, for those tempted by a "doublet" amp ...

I've had more than a year. It remains a cheap amp, even occasionally. No reverb, no tremolo, no power reduction: I put 7/10 (yeah, I note harsh, but considering the price could still have some options, no?)
Personally, I find the single correct coarser than the Dual whose distorted sounds tend to offer a hand too modern for my taste.
Play only on Mesa bother me ... But I can not imagine my quartet amp without him.