• My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Alesis iO|2
Images
1/129
Alesis iO|2

USB audio interface from Alesis belonging to the iO series

Thread Has ANYONE had success with the Alesis iO/2??

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Has ANYONE had success with the Alesis iO/2??
I know I haven't. 1.8ghz dual core / 1gig ram. I'm using top tier programs like Fruity Loops Studio 7 and Adobe Audition 2.0. Same problems with both of them. I've tried using 3 different asio drivers and still I have the same problem. During playback randomly the output will turn horribly loud and distorted- which is absolutely unacceptable. This card would be beautiful if it worked flawlessly, but in the world of audio recordings, something this WON'T FLY.

I notice that when I respecify the output to the iO/2 it resets, and the distortion/noise stops. If I went through directsound then I wouldn't be able to monitor the input. Either way, I shouldn't have to do that in the first place if the thing functioned properly.

Suggestions? Comments? The only people I've heard having success with this thing are mac users.
Did you ever sort out your problem, I am using an alesis io2 and ive had it a few days working great but suddenly the signals from my comp are loud and incredibly distorted. I dont know why and I searched google which led me to your post. Do you have any idea whats goin on or how to make it work. Ive isolated the rpoblem to the sound card, and the usb input stage as both main outs and headphone outs are distorted so unless both outputs have decided to mess up simultaneously its gotta be the somewhere between the usb in and the outs. Direct in works fine, its the in from my usb.
Nope, I never did. I ended up returning it and purchasing a (Roland) Edirol UA-25. Sorry I can't be more helpful on the subject. My experience was similar though. Initially it worked flawlessly and I was very very pleased. But after about a day or so it began to fuzz out, distort playback, and randomly clip out all output in general. Keeping the card and dealing with it's unreliability was a thought of mine at one point, but after the 20th time of it blasting clipped out, uber-distorted noise out of my 400 watt PA speakers, I was wayyy to ticked to keep it. I returned it and received credit towards my UA-25 that I love and will keep for a very long time.

Unfortunately, I think this card is a waste of time and money. My best suggested course of action is to return it and get a different card. I l o v e my UA-25 and wouldn't trade it for anything else. It's worth the extra 80 or so dollars.

Cheers,
Mark
I swapped mine too. Apparently its been common with the firewire io boxes too. I jus swapped mine for credit and bought a tapco link firewire 4x6. Seems just as stable and im happy with it.