M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Fast Track series.

purpletrain purpletrain
Publié le 01/04/10 à 09:57
Motivations for choice: I needed to replace my ESI ESP1010 because it is not compatible with QuadCore.
Need: 8 Entrées/8sorties, 2 headphone outputs, 24bit/96KHz Converters, USB, noon, no breath,> 110db performance
Config: CM Asutek P5Q, QuadCore 3GHz, 4GB Ram DDR2, 1TB HDD 32MB cache 7200T/mn, Cubase 4 and as compound of EASTWEST (SoundonLine)
Usage: Home Studio, miking group or singer, composition Me, etc. ..
Associated equipment: Preamp Guitar Preamp Microphones Joemeek ONEQ and SixQ, Compressor / Expander DBX266XL, Micro Seinnheiser E935, APEX435
Connectors: XLR and Jack6.35mm

Stability: Stable under XP SP2, even with a forty tracks, half of which end with Audio Send active and the other half in Midi Plugins assets. (It was very limited with ESP1010)
Software used: Cubase 4 Plugins, and EastWest.
Latency of about 5ms, but I'm not trying to be less, for my part I do not shift below 10ms.

GETTING STARTED

Installation was trouble-free, the config is done largely in Cubase.
The interface seems a bit complex at first, but once we understood the principle is well designed.

I use it for 6 months, and I admit I was disappointed to have to separate myself from the ESP1010, finally I am very happy because the sound quality is better converters and settings offers many more possibilities for takes.
Including the ability to make a comeback in the headphones of ways that you want to level with a different gain for each channel returned is really convenient for the singer or instrumentalist, and for me.
Tried other cards: Audigy 4 Pro, M-Audio Delta24/92 ESI ESP1010.
What I like most: It is my need each entry is adjustable + + quality + sound mixer outputs.
It is USB, so no PCI card that heats or conflicts with another device. (Bp choice IRQ ... etc.)
What I like least: The interface could be more visual (looking for the little beast)
Value for money: Compared with a Fireface 800, it is 2.5 times less expensive, and it is USB for my hand "wins" less than FireWire, so I think the price / quality ratio is excellent.
Repeat this choice? ah yes without hesitation, I recommend to anyone even want a home studio at an affordable price with excellent sound card.