M-Audio Fast Track Ultra
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Fast Track series.

baresom baresom

«  A (very) good value for money! »

Publié le 01/27/11 à 10:51
-What characteristics have motivated your choice?
Four input preamp, I / O noon, two headphone jacks ...

"With what instruments or systems (console, preamp, DTD ...) you are using and how connections?
nothing at all: I am a poor music

-For what purpose?
computer music and play multimedia

-What is your config (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk ,...)?
I have a laptop running 64bit with 4Gb win7 of ram and a 2.53GHz processor-

The drivers are stable?
Contrary to other opinions, in my opinion they are a little ways in stability: I had to reinstall 2 or 3 times before the card is fully operational (at one point I 72.154ms input latency and Output ...)

-Are they often updated?
this I know, I have consumed downloaded once and I'm not returned to the site since

-What software do you use most often?
cubase studio 5 and it works nickel (by the way, when I use vlc, the sound crachotte not bad, surprisingly)

-What latency you get?
after multiple relocations of the drivers, I get to 5.67ms input and output: either something more than enough for what I do (and what a lot of people did, I think;)

-How many tracks do you manage to record / playback simultaneously?
I dunno, I never managed to reach the limit (there is there a?)

GETTING STARTED

-The installation is done it without problems?
As I said, should be insistent (and persistent too =)

-Have you encountered any incompatibilities?
not at all!

-The general configuration is easy?
to be honest, I never bothered to be interested in the software part of the MPO, but at the hardware level, even an elephant cul-de-bowl can use it!

-The manual is clear and sufficient?
a manual? where it's a manual?

-For how long have you been using it?
it must now 7 months

"What thing do you like most/least about it?
dual headphone output: a real treat!

-Did you try many other models before getting this one?
nyet, none. and instead I was lucky because I bought a few at random (well loved member of the AF really helped me anyway)

-What is your opinion about the value for the price?
simply amazing

-Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice?
no, I do not do it again this choice: I would not buy one, I would buy 5 or 6!