M-Audio Mobilepre Usb

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the MobilePre series

Thread M Audio Mobile Pre

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 M Audio Mobile Pre
Hi All,
Excuse the broadcast message if you saw it. I'm having major issues with the m-audio mobile pre. Worked great for 6 months and then it stopped working on two computers the same day (different computers and different cd's..both legit purchases) My business partner got his up again, but mine has not worked. So, I am in desperation and bought a new lap top last night. doesn't work there either, drivers from cd and from website are not recognized on either computer and tech support is closed till monday. can any one help or point me to a thread where this has been discusssed?
You have no idea how you will make my day.
thank you!
whitney
Whitney-

What exactly are the indications? "Not working" or "not recognized" isn't much info to go on!!

Did you look here?

MAudio Troubleshooting
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hi, and thanks. I will check the trouble shooting.
The hardware is not being recognized by the computer. the mic sound is getting to the box itself, but no sound is making it into cool edit on my lap top.
I have tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers from the cd and the web but my xp home still says it does not recognise the hardware.
does that help?
it worked fine for 6 months!
If it worked well for 6 months, you have to wonder what changed.

Does the Mobile Pre work on another computer? Maybe the Mobile Pre has just gone south. Will the USB port see a thumb drive if you put it on that port? That'd prove the USB port is good.

If the USB port is good, I would try opening the Device Manager in Windows, removing the Mobile Pre from there (and maybe the USB hub as well), then unhook everything and reboot. That should force your computer to reinstall the USB. Then try reinstalling your Mobile Pre.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I once had the sad experience of burning up one of my interfaces when I hot-plugged it into a usb port while the computer was on. I know these are supposed to be plug-and-play ports but sadly, it isn't true. You can't even pull a thumbdrive without having to 'Safely Remove Hardware' first.

That said, I now install usb and firewire devices with the computer off, unless the instructions for the device implicitly state otherwise. Some devices, like my Midisport, you can hotplug in but you just can't hotplug out. I think its safer to remove usb devices with the pc turned off.

That said, follow Axeman's advice and try to test the Mobile Pre on another pc/laptop. Chances are, if it doesn't work on another pc, or you get that unrecognized device message, it's fried.

hth,