LennarDigital Sylenth 1
LennarDigital Sylenth 1
songboy songboy

« A step forward for software synthesis »

Published on 08/31/11 at 21:56
I use this on a Mac Pro running Logic 9 and I have had zero issues. This is another Analog modeled synth so it is designed to look like a real table top synth. Because of this, most of the parameters have dedicated knobs, menus and buttons to control them making the setup/configuration relatively simple to those who have used table top synths in the past. I find the interface to be very clean and easy to navigate.

So far we have had no crashes or glitches with this synth nor has it ever caused a crash. It is really fun to design your own sounds and we have tons of user presets and have lost none of them. This synth is a beast and in terms of Software synthesizers, I give it a 10 out of 10 in performance. It offers all you would expect from a traditional table top synth with all of the benefits of software. I have been using Sylenth1 for about two months.

What I like most about this synth is its amazing sound quality. I play it against some hardware synths we have in the studio and it holds it's own better than any other soft synth with the exception of omnisphere. I feel Omnisphere and Sylenth are in the same class. The lows are full and deep and the highs are crisp but not brittle. The overall texture of the synth is significantly warmer than my usual go to synths Absynth 5 and Korg Legacy Cell. Not much to dislike about this synth. It can eat some CPU but not nearly as much as Omni does. We paid around $200. In terms of soft synth value, this one is very much worth the money. I give it a 10 out of 10 in sound quality. I have used more soft synths than I care to remember. This is the first one in awhile that has really broken some new ground for Soft synthesis. Yes, I would definitely buy this synth again if I had to.