Waves TrueVerb
James... James...

« Not a fan really »

Publié le 08/07/11 à 19:52
Like all Waves stuff it's quick install and easy setup. Not too complicated with the menu and controls either. I like how their plugins are laid out. No tricky menus and the controls have precise parameters that make sense. Their manuals are great too and explain basically everything you would want to know. Trueverb is described as an emulation plugin. I just got it to try the reverb though.

Performance is great of course. Typical waves stability and reliable quality. There's a ton of parameters here and it can be daunting sometimes. I feel like I'm restricted with what I can do. Sure I use the mix and some other controls but there's a lot of controls here that I don't even know what they mean. The manual sort of explains them but when I read what they do I'm left wondering why they're even included. Some of the presets and settings leave me scratching my head. I'm sitting here wondering why I would ever use some of this stuff. The room verbs are good but some of the other emulations seem borderline useless. Maybe if I did a different genre I would see the use here, but I can't imagine using some of these anywhere honestly. The questionable emulations, mediocre presets, and droves of random parameters really turned me off of this reverb.

The bottom line though, is that it doesn't even sound too good to me. Don't get me wrong. It's not terrible sounding. But it's awful digital to my ears. Not warm or organic like a good reverb should be. I think this is what happens when you try to hard. You get an overdone plugin that's too processed to sound good. It's very sterile and just not that spectacular in my mixes I used it in. Sorry Waves.

I like a lot of a Waves plugins. I mean really, a lot of them. I have their biggest bundle and I use almost all of it. But their reverbs aren't good. I've used them all. This one tried too hard or something. Just sounds to digitized and sterile. The value isn't too great considering it's just a meg plugin.