Waves TrueVerb
Hatsubai Hatsubai

« Flexible reverb and reflections plugin »

Publié le 07/30/11 à 16:10
There are quite a few reverb plugins in the Waves lineup, and it's no surprise as reverb is almost always used in a mix somewhere, in some form. A good sounding reverb can make a mix really breathe and give it some nice air. In the 80s, it was shoved down everyone's throats, but people seem to have learned since then that tons of reverb can actually make a mix sound muddy. This plugin is super versatile in that there are tons of different features you can choose from. It has adjustments for decorrelation, reflection variations, reverb variations, dimension, room size, distance, link parameters, balance, decay, pre-delay, density, low cut, high shelf, absorption, frequency, damping, various ratios in the EQ, mix, direct, and tons of other adjustments in here. To use this, simply enable it on whatever buss you want to use it on, and start adjusting. It's a bit more complex than some of the other plugins that Waves offers, so it might be worth reading the manual. Personally, I never read it as it's still a fairly straight forward plugin.

Waves is the king when it comes to things such as stability and overall performance. For one, this plugin doesn't take up too much RAM or processing power, and that's a big plus considering a DAW can have tons of different plugins and virtual synths running at any time. The plugins are all cross platform compatible, so anybody with an OS X or Windows machine can run these without any problems. I've never experienced a single issue while running this plugin when it came to things like stability and overall performance. There is one issue, however, that I did come across. These plugins are 32 bit inside of OS X. For me to utilize these in Logic Pro, it needs to run a special bridge application as my DAW is a 64 bit DAW. I'm not a huge fan as to how Logic Pro implements this, and I'm hoping that Waves updates these later on. I've been using the Mercury bundle for the past half a year or so, and it's been awesome.

I've used this on the master buss successfully. I've also used it on guitar tones to help space them out a bit and give them some more depth. Personally, I tend to reach for either a basic reverb plugin or Space Designer inside of Logic, but if I want a different flavor, I'll reach for this from time to time. It's never failed me, that's for sure. It all depends on what type of reverb and style you're going for. It also helps to choose the plugin you're most comfortable with.