or
Create an account

or

Thread emu 1212 s/pdif not working

• 44 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 emu 1212 s/pdif not working
Im trying to record some stuff, so i have a roland vs-840 with a mic atached and im using a radioshack PCM digital audio cable from the rolands digital coax out to the s/pdif in on the card. problem is patchmix is not getting a reading so no sound coming in. this used to work with a red and white mono cable then just suddenly stopped working so i figured it was the cable and replaced it, but still... Please any help would be appreciated
Show first post
Hehe... mind showing a screenshot of your entire patchmix? I should be able to deduce the sends based on your outputs screenshot.
yup no problem... think i got it all
Well, you don't have the sync card connected and you're apparently not using the analog I/O. I also noticed that the Locked indicator in the Sync area isn't lit. All the connections seem to pan out but I can't understand why it's not working, which brings me back to the probability of the sync card being needed. (That sync card usually comes with the 1212m, IIRC.)

Save your present session and do a Restore Defaults (right click on the Emu icon in the system tray.) You will be required to reboot your machine. Reload your saved session after booting and check for spdif again. The Restore Defaults operation has been known to clear things up with the Emu cards.
relly wierd, after restoring defaults i plugged my turtable mixer into the left 1/4 inch from the mixers red and white mono coaxials and patchmix is getting that signal, but still no s/pdif
Emu has an S/PDIF loopback test so you can check whether the coax and optical connections are working. Look for the loopback test here.
heres what i got

Sorry for the delay - typhoon knocked out my dsl.

I think I was right about the sync card. You can check for the sync card here.
thats wierd... so i need to buy that now?
I always thought the sync card was part of the 1212m package.

Personally, I don't understand why it should be required for s/pdif transfers but I'm speaking from experience with my 1820m - I couldn't get s/pdif to function properly without the sync card.
yeah, who knows maybe it is but since i got it as a used custom built like i said i couldnt be sure... i cant find anywhere were they only sell the sync card, you know any?