or
Create an account

or

Thread emu 1212 s/pdif not working

• 44 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 emu 1212 s/pdif not working
Im trying to record some stuff, so i have a roland vs-840 with a mic atached and im using a radioshack PCM digital audio cable from the rolands digital coax out to the s/pdif in on the card. problem is patchmix is not getting a reading so no sound coming in. this used to work with a red and white mono cable then just suddenly stopped working so i figured it was the cable and replaced it, but still... Please any help would be appreciated
Show first post

%1$s a écrit yeah, who knows maybe it is but since i got it as a used custom built like i said i couldnt be sure... i cant find anywhere were they only sell the sync card, you know any?

Emu's the only place I know of where you can get a sync card new but you could also check ebay or craigslist.
alright, i eamiled thei customer support too, so ill post back when i have news... alright well thanks for all the help!
Remix and Ktic, I am having the same exact issue. I even downloaded the tool that tests the spdif signal. However, I am pretty sure that my 1212m came with the sync card!? I've read through all of your posts and tried everything that Remix has done, without luck. I am at the same point, LOL! What I am trying to do is plug my Fender CyberTwinSE into my spdif port.

There is one difference however. I get a signal through the PatchMIX and I can hear my amp through my computer speakers... so it seems as though it works, but when I go into CUBASE SX3 or any other music program for that matter, it does not see any SPDIF input.

Any help is greatly appreciated! THanks!

%1$s a écrit There is one difference however. I get a signal through the PatchMIX and I can hear my amp through my computer speakers... so it seems as though it works, but when I go into CUBASE SX3 or any other music program for that matter, it does not see any SPDIF input.

You need to insert a send into the s/pdif strip (or any strip for that matter) for audio to pass thru into the application. The sends are virtual patchcords that 'send' audio to where you want it to go. You can have as much as 16 asio sends going to an asio app such as Cubase, unlike a wave send (which services WDM apps, btw) of which you only have 1. Go over to the Production Forums if you have more questions about the Emu; this forum is unfortunately being invaded by spammers.
Thanks for your help. That solved the issue! I will head over to those forums however, because I am getting a crackling noise when I play my guitar =(