Softube Tube-Tech CL1B
Softube Tube-Tech CL1B

Software compressor from Softube belonging to the Tube-Tech series.

Publié le 11/16/09 à 22:35
Since I have used the Softube Tube-Tech CL1B on a machine where it was already installed, I wasn't involved at all in the installation process.  I can say however that since I have been using it it has functioned properly and I haven't had any compatibility problems or other issues.  The interface of the plug-in is extremely easy to follow, even if you don't have experience with the hardware version of the CL1B.  The plug-in simple has parameters for gain, ratio, threshold, attack, and release, and also has switches for metering, bus select, and one to choose if the attack and release will be fixed or manual.  Since the configuration of the interface only contains basic parameters that are seen on most compressors, unless you are having problems installing this, I don't think that the manual is needed.

In the time that I have been using the Softube Tube-Tech CL1B plug-in, I've been able to get some pretty good performance out of it.  I have been using the plug-in on a Pro Tools HD system that runs on an Apple G5 desk top and I've never had a problems running a number of these within a single session when I want to.  This being said, since I haven't run it on a Pro Tools LE system (or something comparable), I can't really say how well it will run on a non HD system.  How fast or slow a plug-in will run really depends on the system that you are running it on.

Overall, the Softube Tube-Tech CL1B is a great sounding plug-in that is incredibly easy to use.  While it doesn't sound as good as its hardware counterpart, it still has a great tone and is an easier and cheaper way to get this sort of tone.  The price is pretty reasonable and I always love having the hardware interface look inside of a plug-in as I find that it makes it easier to use and is overall more user friendly.  If you are looking to add a great sounding compression plug-in at a reasonable price, regardless of if you are familiar with the hardware Tube Tech CL1B, you should definitely check out this plug-in version.  I would also compare this one to the TC Electronic CL1B plug-in as both are comparable.