Articles
Tutorials
Classified Ads

Thread New Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen- Severe Latency issues with one computer

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 New Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen- Severe Latency issues with one computer
Hey I just got a new focusrite scarlett 2i2 2nd gen. I hooked it up to my older macbook mini (2012 or something like that) and got great performance from it- from a mac that barely plays netflix without crashing. Then i tried hooking it up to my newer model laptop- 2018 lenovo ideapad 330 with solid state hard drive 8gb ram intel core i5 processor. I went and read some stuff about optimizing performance- got the latest drivers. I did everything I could find-all the windows performance stuff like giving processor preference to background operations and not turning off the screen and all the power management stuff- including disabling my wlan drivers in the BIOS thing. the only thing that helped a noticeable amount was the disabling of the wlan. But that is just super annoying. and i still had a very unusable amount of latency.

Trying to play guitar into bias fx so latency is super annoying. When I run ableton it shows my CPU usage at 1-3% when I'm just trying to hear the latency of my guitar through an empty audio track withh nothing else on. and wlan drivers disabled.

Anything going on? like is this a bad driver version for windows 10 and the scarlett 2i2? Anything else I can do? All the stuff I did was from focusrite guides. I even downloaded latencymon and it said I should be getting fine latency performance for a while- then all of a sudden said there were problems and suggested turning off wlan drivers- but like i said it was still at least 150ms after that.

any help would be awesome! I had better latency out of my old 2007 macbook and interface