Create an account

or

Thread Issues with installing driver and win 7 error messages

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 1 follower
1 Issues with installing driver and win 7 error messages
Hi,

This is my first post. I'm having huge headaches getting my new Scarlett 2i2 to work with Windows 7 64. It keeps telling me my device isn't ready for the driver? The driver isn't signed? Another issues, I've tried updating to SP1 (It won't) after 7 hours I'm ready to throw this thing out the window. Here are my questions:

1. Has anyone else had issues like this? (I've seen other websites where people have posted how frustrated they are with the same issues)
2. Would upgrading to Windows 10 help? I don't want to do this, I'm happy with win 7.
3. If there is no way to get the driver to work, can I use the driver for the 1st gen Scarlett? I've been reading that some people use ASIO4ALL, but some of my music software doesn't play nice with it, I was using the iRig Pro Duo and had tons of issues because they don't write their own driver, forcing you to use ASIO4All
4. If all else fails, will upgrading to the Clarett 2Pre give me a performance/sound upgrade worthy of the Price (I live in Mexico, gear is at least 2-3 times the price of the USA)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer tips & advice.

(BTW: I'm using an HP elitebook 8640p with an i5, 8gb ram, and win 7 64.)