or
Create an account

or

Thread New driver causing terrible latency.

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 New driver causing terrible latency.
First off, here's my setup: I have a Scarlett 2i2 1st Gen plugged into USB, the input of that going to FLstudio where I used Asio4All v2, outputting to VoiceMeeter, then to everything else like voice chat and other recording software.

My estimated latencies:
Directly to computer sound = ~16ms. Previously ~8.
FL studio Asio = ~21ms. Has stayed the same.
Asio4All = ~25ms. Previously ~11.
Listening with headphones directly in the Scarlett gives nearly no latency, but there's no way I know of to send that input to FLstudio, then output to VoiceMeeter.

It started when I updated the drivers for my Scarlett to try and fix a small bluescreen problem, and I noticed the driver I've downloaded is different; no longer with Scarlett in the name, just Focusrite USB Audio in everything.
I don't THINK I'm downloading the wrong driver, since I'm doing everything I've done to find it before: To Focusrite's website, downloads, select my product, download driver. However I do feel like I've re-downloaded my drivers before this time, after Focusrite USB says it updated, and got the right working one.

Another little detail that's weird is when I have Asio4All selected in FLstudio, Focusrite USB no longer shows as if it's receiving sound in my sound devices; no green bar appearing.

I have tried a different USB port, and a different cable.

Unfortunately it would take me a while to find my disc for the Scarlett to get older drivers, if I even still have it, or if I even got one.
Really sucks that Focusrite doesn't put up older drivers, if that's my problem.
Hi,
Perhaps the update went wrong.
You can try to remove all your focusrite drivers. And try again... Perhaps it will work.
If it does not change anything you better contact focusrite tech support

( remove everything on regkey level if possible)

Good luck

-Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 06/10/2018 at 02:50:21 ]