or
Create an account

or

Thread How do you record your guitar?

• 47 replies
  • 21 participants
  • 0 follower
1 How do you record your guitar?
What do you prefer to take the sound of your favorite guitar...
Show first post
I plug it in my Cream Machine preamp which outputs to the sondcard.
Then I apply any kind of VST I like
well depending on the sound i want i use 2 sm57's . If i want a super bassy guitar i mic the guitar cabinet, and then also run a bass cabinet with the input coming from the output of the guitar amp. this sound great once its mixed together. if im super lazy ill just run a 57 on one speaker and put the signal into ampfarm
yo i just downloaded fl studio 6 and i tried to put my guitar on through a ipod conection it wirks but just cant get it to sound right
an does anyone live in tasmania message me omg
ahahaah what u think of that
can i plug a electric guitar using 1/4' trs straight to my delta 192? without anything in between like with my X-Fi?
For recoding My accoustic Guitar i Put a Condeser Mic (Apex 435) at the 12th Fret of my Guitar. Have it run thru some Compression In the Editing/Mixing Suite of Pro-tools, and if the room sounds good i usaly leave it, and maybe put a bit of Eq on it if i want to brighten it.
Nice tone andgood guitar playing!!

%1$s a écrit For the CD on my website, I used a Digitech RP2000 into my board and then into the Delta 1010. Lots of tweaking in the patches on the RP. It came out pretty good.

Then I started gigging live around town a few years ago, playing mostly blues. The Digitech didn't cut it live for blues, so I got Peavey Classic 30 amp, hoy rodded it, got some carefully selected pedals. Put together a great small room blues combo:

http://gzsmuzik.com/images/GuitarRig02.jpg

The new CD I'm working on is a blues CD, and no amount of tweaking on the Digitech has produced a good dirty blues tone, so I set up an isolation booth in the closet in my basement studio, and I now mic the Classic 30 up. Love the tone. It was important to me because I was looking for a more "live" blues mix. If you want, you can hear some of it HERE:

https://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3551&alid=-1