PRS SE Mark Tremonti
PRS SE Mark Tremonti

LP-Shaped Guitar from PRS belonging to the SE Signature series.

MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« Paul Reed Smith Tremonti SE »

Published on 10/07/04 at 15:00
I got this last one from a local store and paid $510 for it. I've had it for about 2 months now. I already had a standard Fender Strat, an Epiphone SG, a yamaha and Taylor Big Baby. (acoustics) I've been playing since I was 7, I now that I'm 14 I was looking for an Les Paul Studio style electric. I had always considered getting this PRS guitar, but was hesitant because I wanted to get a US made guitar. When I looked at the rave reviews for this, I started researching to find a dealer to purchase it from. So then I went to prsguitars.com to look for dealers. When I go there, I went ahead to look at the specs for the TSE; and to my surprise, it said the model would be discontinued due to Gibson sueing them for body shape. (It was similiar to the LES Paul srudio) I knew right then to get this guitar, because soon they would all be gone, and also, because the value would get higher. Finally, I found one with one left, and went up to get it.

This guitar is superb. Of course, PRS has wonderful service anyway, if anything went wrong. The fretboard is wonderful! i play in a rock band and we do everything from power chords to soloing to picking and even acoustic styles. This guitar does everything; with a good map it'll be perfect with any style you want to play. Yes, of course, it plays Creed almost exactly as it sounds on the CD. The finish...wow! iT's jet black and is very mirror-like. There is finish on the back of the neck and it feels so good going up and down. The neck is a little wider than my strat's, but it makes it a little easier to solo on this one. The guitar stays in tune, I've only tuned in about 5 times in 3 months; it also handles drop-down tuning well too. The strings bend easily, I can make it go at least 2 steps up. The action came perfect. The pickups are very good for this price range. Overall, this guitar does everything I want it too! I play with gigs with it every almost every weekend and it is great; the humbuckers give to unneeded noise. PLEASE-go get one today before they all run out! You won't regret it, in my opinion this guitar is the best EVER offered for the price. I wouldn't spend another $3000 for the original one because this one is way better for the price. I played the Tremonti and this Tremonti SE is almost as good, even more sturdy. Besides, who has $3000 to spend on one guitar???

NOTHING mechanically! AT ALL! The finish does get fingerprints very easily, but if you clean and polish it often, there shouldn't be asny issues.

Well I already mentioned many good things about htis guitar in the "likes" section. But, the set in neack seems very sturdy. I dropped this guitar once (gasp) and it is completley fine. The bridge is locked and keeps everything in tune. The construction is great!

Everything is great!!! GO get this guitar if your looking for a HH style guitar that covers many styles. IF you add better pickups and strings this guitar is just as good as the Tremonti. (besides and wood) This guitar is perfect for me, right outa the box. Cheers to the Korean manufacters and Paul Reed Smith!!!!!!!!!!