Enter Pitch Bay — EarthQuaker Devices new polyphonic harmonizer announced for the NAMM.
Akron, Ohio, based EarthQuaker Devices has made a name for itself in the boutique pedal world since it started out back in 2004. The brand is coming out big for its tenth anniversary and has announced the introduction of a couple of new pedals during the Winter NAMM 2014, one of which is the Pitch Bay, a three part polyphonic harmonizer and distortion generator.
The Pitch Bay features two voices of adjustable polyphonic pitch shifting, one above the root and one below, each of which can be adjusted by stepped semitones (1 to 12 semitones). Plus, all three voices (Pitch up, Pitch down and Root) can be blended, cut or boosted independently.
- All-analog adjustable gain preamp
- Three voices: Pitch up, Pitch down, Root
- Mix controls for all three voices
- Compact dimensions: 4 5/8 × 2 1/2 × 2.25 with top mounted jacks
- 9V Operation
- True Bypass switching with a mix of analog and digital circuitry
- Hand made one at a time in Akron, Ohio, USA.
Expected Release Date: February 2014
Juan Alderete (Racer X, The Mars Volta, Zavalaz) and Nick Reinhart (Tera Melos) will be doing live demos at EarthQuaker Devices’ NAMM booth (#2284, Hall D).
Check out this video preview:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.