MOTU 2408 Mk2
MOTU 2408 Mk2

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from MOTU belonging to the 2408 series.

rawk777 rawk777
Publié le 10/24/06 à 18:56
I use the motu 2408mk2 with UB2442FX-pro behringer console (it has 8 direct-out! And is not very expensive).

I opted to replace my 2408mk2 for Guillemot Maxi Studio ISIS (it did not work on xp, and in any event, the 2408 is at least more stable than 100fois ISIS).

The installation is done perfectly. I had some problems to configure the card with Cubase, but it was my mistake. Do not forget to choose the right drivers Asio .

GETTING STARTED

I often use four tracks at once in cubase to practice with my band (2guitares, 2voix and sequences). I use real-time effects on all tracks, and I have no problem with only 13ms of latency (I think I can reduce it, but it does not bother me, so ..).

I have also recorded a 30 minute jam with drums and guitar (the 8 inputs at once), and the system has never flinched.

This card could not be more reliable.

I use the card for 2 or 3 years. It goes well and I am glad. If I had to buy a new sound card, it would most likely be a MOTU.

The only negative points (which are understood, it is not a card very recently, anyway) is that the cards do not do 96khz, and it has no module noon (you can buy separately by one against). There are also some minor problems if you move from one application to an application to 48khz 44.1 (listen to mp3 in windows media player, for example), but nothing serious, and it is set facillement without having to close the application.

If I had to buy a new card, I would opt for a USB or FireWire version, but it cost me a lot more for having one of this quality, since I bought it used for $ 400 Cdn instead of 1500 $ can (value)