FabFilter Volcano 2.10
FabFilter has updated the FabFilter Volcano 2 filter effect plug-in to version 2.10, integrating the new modulation interface design from Twin 2 and Timeless 2, together with a new "wide" user interface layout.
The update is free for existing Volcano 2 users.
Full list of changes in Volcano 2.10:
- Added the new modulation system from Twin 2 and Timeless 2.
- Added a new optional "wide" interface layout to provide more space for the modulation sources at the bottom of the interface.
- Added new XY sources designed to enable you to tweak other parameters in combination.
- Added new Phase Offset and Snap parameters to the XLFOs.
- Added new Delay and Hold parameters to the EG sources, and added a visual controller.
- Added a new Response Curve parameter to the MIDI modulation sources.
- The plug-in is now Unicode-aware and handles international characters on both Windows and Mac OS X, for example in preset folders and file names.
- New mouse wheel scrolling and editing behavior.
- Improved input/output/mix buttons in the bottom bar: now rounding correctly and supporting double-click text entry, according to FabFilter.
- Fixed incorrect redrawing in the plug-in interface that could occur in some cases in Pro Tools on Mac, for example when selecting <factory default> from the Pro Tools-provided presets menu in the plug-in header.
- Fixed bug that caused the help file to open only in the first instance of the plug-in.
Pricing & Availability
FabFilter Volcano 2 costs €99 / $134 / £84 and supports Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats (32- and 64-bit).
Bundles with FabFilter Volcano 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tek'it Audio 8kut Tek'it Audio has announced the release of a new freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows: 8kut.
- Steinberg Cubase 6 Review While Avid and Cakewalk launched the new versions of their respective flagship sequencers just before Christmas, Steinberg chose NAMM 2011 to present the wistfully awaited version 6 of Cubase. This new version doesn't mess too much with the foundations of the sequencer but rather brings many new features regarding handling and functionality.
- Badass distortion effect VST updated to 1.1 "Badass VST" update 1.1, a filter and distortion plug-in, is available now.