Access Music Virus B
Access Music Virus B
FP User FP User
Publié le 10/31/08 à 16:00
This is where the strength of the virus shows itself. This is a beast with about 1 million features, including more saturation/distortion options than I even knew existed. Coupled with a decent mod matrix and 3 LFOs plus FM, if you tame this beast as a sound designer you have an awesome amount of power at your fingertips.

Paid: approx 600$ used

Interface is annoying. They should have made this a 6 rack space like the jp-8080, to contain a bigger LCD and more knobs so you won't have to menu dive so much. With the virus you will always be menu-diving trust me! It seems like they sacrificed function for the sake of form, especially since the 2002 software update where they crammed even more stuff into the virus that wasnt designed for the new features (which equals more menu diving). But hey, Im just nagging right? If you have owned synths before or are decently intelligent then you will get it in notime, but this doesnt change the fact that it is annoying.

Most everyone knows the &quot;virus sound&quot;. Basically, very heavy on the low end, not so much on the high end (I have to EQ the high end A LOT on the virus). The virus has a sort of crunchy, grainy, VA sound that is very distinctive to me now. Overall, the sound is deep, distorted, &quot;digital&quot;, and archtypical agressive VA sound, which can be very good when you want that particular sound, or bad if you are trying to get something out of the virus to be &quot;analog&quot;.

I really like this synth, but I wouldn't say that I LOVE it. It has its uses. When I need an aggro VA type sound or a distorted sound I turn to the Virus. Its a very good hardware but I would sell it if something did what it does better.

Originally posted on FutureProducers.com
Posted by: I_watch_stars ( 5-, 2006)