or
Create an account

or

Thread hip hop producer

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 hip hop producer
i am a half spanish/half irish musician (bass player), who has been in a band with a few friends for a while now, however, although i love rock music my true love is hip hop and i have been listening to it for 9 years now (i am 19), i hope to begin recording it sometime in the next month or two, and i would record in spanish, the simple reason being that the hip hop scene is not as corrupted at the moment, so anyway, after working 44 hours a week for the entire summer between college years, i have 6000 dollars saved, and plan to spend it on a hip hop home recording studio. the items i plan to buy are

Akai Mpc 2500
maxiom usb midi keyboard (is this neccesary, or does mpc do same job?)
technics turntable sl 1200 mk5
pioneer djm 600 mixer
digidesign mbox 2 factory
krk rp6 monitor
electrovoice re20 mic
focusrite platinum voicemaster pre-amp
high end dell pc

i was also wondering whether a power amp would be neccesary, and which program to use propellorhead, cubase fl studio..

my idea when creating this studio would be to combine an old school stance (lots of hardware) with a more modern one (software) as i would wish to get samples from vinyl and mp3, and like both ways of making music

my ambition is to create more hip hop with a message, and not all the stuff on the radio nowadays about cars and women and jewellery etc..

if anybody could tell me which products on list are good idea, which bad, substitutes or any other ideas i would sincerely appreciate it, thanks for any help given