Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
haslar haslar
Published on 10/25/11 at 00:57
Everything has been said here, so I pass.

Very resonant vacuum surprisingly well! It's really good slap.
The handle is also very nice, it's really big but less than my Les Paul '58 Reissue.
Its profile is very nice, it seems that it is a soft V, but I do not like that I think we would say V over a large C or a D.
It's been a little Gibson, what, I like it!
The radius of 9.5 "is really top, I do not like a radius more pronounced.
The bends going well.

The finish is correct, as the adjustment. The junction body / neck is well made.
The mechanics do the job, but we feel that it is not of great quality.
The pickguard is too thick, ugly and seen up close.
The switch S1 is a bit shoddy.

The system S1 cons, I am puzzled, as the 4-position switch. For my use, I do not see the interest.
It changes a little, and it changes it into less, so why bother?
It is not impossible that I should just jump and replace it with a 3-position selector knobs and two standard 250k.

The neck pickup is very good, it is not common on the Telecaster.

The micro bridge, "CS Broadcaster", however I was surprised. Middy enough, it is closer to a P90 (less powerful) than a conventional micro Telecaster. The famous sound of ice pick Telecaster held by some, well, this microphone is completely free.
It is located on the upper midrange, which is that it produces a nice crunch KERRRRANG. However, I was looking for a sound to Steve Cropper, I have a bit of my hunger, I miss some slamming.
This is not the guitar that is in question because in vacuum, this is really slamming.

In fact, we feel that this guitar was designed rather to play in crunch sounds that sounds clean. For stonesiens riffs, it sends severe!
Even for sounds at the ACDC with Marshall type sound, it does.

But it is less in the world of the Telecaster country / twangy / Chick'n picking, with this choice of microphones.

Overall: fans of the Stones and Black Crowes and even the Reverend Gibbons, this guitar is for you!
Fans of Danny Gatton and Albert Lee, it may need to turn to something else, or change the micro bridge.

It's a good guitar, solid, not exceptional (I compare with my Suhr Classic S and it is not the same world, but the same price either) but that really does the job.

Price / quality ratio: excellent. In time, it becomes downright theft.