Blackstar Amplification Artisan 15

Artisan 15, Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Blackstar Amplification in the Artisan series.

foreign devil on the silk road 06/14/2014

Blackstar Amplification Artisan 15 : foreign devil on the silk road's user review

«  I'm keeping this one! »

See the other reviews

could not be more simple, whatever the guitar (Jazzmaster, Strat and custom telecaster fmt with mississippi queen for me) it sounds live because there are minimal components between the guitar and the hp!

this is amp is a monster "tone".
Channel 1 is the essence of the Marshall sound, with a really beautiful clean (yes!) and a Crunch I have not found on any of my previous amps.
Channel 2 is more round, some say vox, fender other way old tweed. incredible in clean, more compressed Crunch channel 1.
pure happiness even magnified with a A / B box, the 2-channel mix is ​​fabulous.

I have since 3 months, found used after the untimely death of my mini Hayden mofo. I loved Hayden, but then we change dimension. dynamics, depth and character of the sound that comes out Blackstar make this a truly incredible amp, despite is apparent simplicity, this is proof that there is less better it sounds.
I versin with the greenback really nice, but in my 2x12 with hp Tayden (a true brit brit and great), and although the sound is even better!
advice, however this amp really deserves him up with good lamps NOS, you will not regret the investment. Although ADP origin are very honorable.
I Retube mine as follows:
V1 Raytheon 12AX7 black plates 1955 for channel 1
V2 ef 806S tesla 70's for channel 2
Baldwin 12AX7 v3 1962 (sylvania) for phase inversion.
2x EL84 power tunsgram NOS: rock n roll baby!
a tesla EZ81 NOS grinder: the seat of the sound is even better, the monstrous sag, it seems to have a wall of his indestructible!

the amp is transformed, magnified, as if it were still possible. I do not divide them! I put this config with 10 lamps and hp Tayden