Steinberg Cubase 5
Steinberg Cubase 5

General Sequencer from Steinberg belonging to the Cubase series.

Pat One Pat One
Publié le 03/20/10 à 17:30
Installation without problem on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
Configuration relatively easy when you know cubase.
No inconsistency.
Manual clear and thick:).
I made several updates without worry (I'm 5.1.1)

PC Q9650, 8 GB RAM, RME 9632 and Windows 7 64 bit, yes it is very much more stable than XP because + of RAM. The software works well but I think the CPU gauge in the red tape quickly, strangely I could improve latency under XP. I'm still working on big projects with lots of effects and vst. The freeze is my friend.

I have used two months before I cubase studio 4, I tried many programs before including ProTools, Logic, Ableton Live ...

For now I am satisfied Cubase is a very complete and rather simple. Of course, I customizable keyboard shortcuts and macros (that can transform Cubase), the power MIDI, audio editing, the multitude of effects and features pretty good quality. Among the new features of V5 designer and I like to beat VariAudio.

What I like least is the updates that are slow as usual Steinberg, bugs not corrected, aberration in some functionality (Media bay, automation, mixer, windows management ...): No which prevents them from working, but it misses the perfect software because of these glitches.

The price is good value in light of what has since cubase software Cubase is damn well stocked, so he does everything pretty well thought.