Hercules Studio ISIS
Hercules Studio ISIS

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from Hercules .

Kelso Wustinger Kelso Wustinger
Publié le 11/11/01 à 05:21
The card itself is certainly a little limited in memory but is 10 times better than creative!

Installation without any problem, because we must learn before buying a PC. My config are as follows:

2 Motherboards ABIT KT7 and KT7-A-RAID the only brand that works 100% and advocated by Guillemot.

VIA chipset drivers 4.35

CPU: Duron 700 and Athlon 750

The rest like everyone else, memory, graphics card .... but more with the cards Abit KT7 i can put the SB Live card and ISIS together while it is normally impossible! ABIT thank you!

Otherwise the manual, not terrible, for configuration, must be familiar with MIDI and Audio settings in general.

GETTING STARTED

Stable drivers, updated to version 1.9, and after there's more, finito.
If you got Win2000, buy yourself another card, unless you know the hack drivers!

Using super stable with Cakewalk Pro Audio Deluxe 3.9
Latency exists!
Number of audio tracks simultaneously read: 128
recording: 8

It's been over a year and a half that I have.
At Guillemot, they'll have changed 3 times, without any problem.
Just with the purchase invoices, and the third exchange occurred while the card was no longer under warranty. Nice.

The best thing about this map, the synthetic internal, 10 times better than Creative.
The less well, cest the internal sampler, not top, it compresses the sound so that it seemed that the batteries that I sampled was synthetic. I would also say that I go through a mixer to register for the microphones, as directly on the rack that is impossible, because the entries are passive.
He would have had to put 2 IN and 2 OUT on the map to avoid me to buy a MIDI dispatch.

Before this card I had the Home Pro Studio 64 and a daughter board DB50 YAMAHA XG above, AC was but it was really too limited level of its bank ...
Now everything goes well, I source from Groovestyle and Mediasic home, and everything works!

But you know, ISIS card is good for sound banks that may be added. The internal synth gonna mumuse to, but if you want to go to a good big sound, nothing like expanders and other drum machines.

My stuff are the following:

2 PCs, one with a SBLive and the other with an ISIS
The complete collection of home Groovestyle
A player / MD recorder to my Sony Home Studio
1 mini player / MD recorder Sony sounds of the street
1 ROLAND SP-808 Sampler
1 ROLAND MC-505 Groovebox
1 mixer Behringer Eurorack MX802A (connected directly to the rack card for voice recording)
1 CD Player Gemini CDJ-1100 for the mix
A master keyboard YAMAHA PSR-310
1 micro TSB normal for fun
1 AKG D-880 microphone for singing
A pair of studio monitors Alesis M1 ACTIVE
And must: CAKEWALK PRO AUDIO DELUXE 9.0 (better than Cubase, for my part)
And now I'm focusing on buying a new synth, the Roland Fantom, the synth bomb!

That is, if you have something to tell me, mail me: edshark@wanadoo.fr

Good luck to all!