[NAMM] 2 new Vox guitar combos
Vox fans will have the opportunity to discover next Thursday at Summer NAMM the new AC4C1-12 and NT15C1-CL guitar combo amplifiers.
The AC4C1-12 is the first in the Vox AC4 Series to use a 12” speaker (all the previous models were equipped with a 10” speaker). The amp includes the Top Boost sound from the AC30 and offers the following features:
- 4W Class A amplifier
- Dual 12AX7 preamp tubes and one EL85 power tube
- Controls: gain, bass, treble and volume
- Celestion VX12 12” speaker (16 Ohms)
- Speaker output
- Classic Vox finish with Bakelite handle
- Dimensions: 406 x 211 x 451mm
- Weight: 10.6kg
Also new, the NT15C1-CL (for CLassic) retains the traditional Night Train sound but its all-metal look was replaced with a classic Vox finish, with brown diamond grille cloth, black cover and golden logo.
- 15W combo
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp valves and 2 EL84 power tubes
- 2 channels: Bright and Girth
- Gain knob and Thick boost switch on channel 1
- Gain and volume knobs on channel 2
- 3-band EQ (common to both channels)
- Built-in digital reverb
- Master volume
- Dark switch
- Celestion G12M Greenback 12” speaker (16 Ohms)
- Classic Vox finish
- VFS2A footswitch available separately
- Dimensions: 495 x 260 x 420mm
- Weight: 17.5kg
Both combos will be available in September, 2014.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The PRS S2 guitars in semi-hollow versions After the limited edition of the Custom 24, Paul Reed Smith introduces semi-hollow versions of 3 of his S2 Custom 22, Mira and Singlecut guitars.
- The Visual Sound H2O now in v3 Visual Sound announces the update of its H2O echo and stereo chorus pedal to version 3.
- Review of the Boss ME-80 For years, Boss has been one of the leading manufacturers of self-contained guitar multi-effects floor units, and the ME-80 is its latest effort. Less expensive than the flagship GT-100, it's nevertheless a very capable and fully featured unit. The ME-80 gives you access to virtually any kind of guitar effect, a range of preamp sounds, an expression pedal with many effects choices, and even a built-in looper, all in one unit. Let’s take it for a test drive.